[Zope-dev] Please use launchpad bugtracking/blueprints more

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Wed Mar 25 03:59:20 EDT 2009

Hi,

so, we've been running with the steering group for a few weeks now and
I'm losing track of things, because we're letting the mailing list do
the job of an issue tracking system. (And the one document in SVN.)

We need to start using Launchpads tracking mechanisms for issues, filing
bugs or blueprints much earlier and much more often than having threads
just sit around in the zope-dev archive and *maybe* get picked up.

As the steering group is supposed to follow up on opened issues and
remind and work on them, having to track that kind of status in my
mailbox is cruel to me and breaks the development process as that data
is inaccessible to others. After all: that's what issue tracking systems
are for, please, let's use ours.

Please note that I don't want to move discussions off the mailing list:
I want to be able to track issues that people want to get solved using
an appropriate tracking system. I can't follow every single email on
zope-dev and having to review large threads that were solved already
isn't good use of anybodies time.

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com