[Zope-dev] progress on Zope 2.12.0a1 from buildout with no funky recipes ; -)

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Sun Mar 29 12:38:39 EDT 2009

Hey All,

I've made some progress on this, here's the buildout:

[buildout]
parts = zopeinstance
extends = versions2.cfg

[zopeinstance]
recipe = zc.recipe.egg
eggs =
   zope2
entry-points=
   runzope=Zope2.Startup.run:run
   zopectl=Zope2.Startup.zopectl:main
scripts = runzope zopectl
initialization =
   import sys
   sys.argv[1:1] = ['-C','${buildout:directory}/etc/zope.conf']

There are 3 other files you need:

- versions2.cfg, which is a static copy of:
   http://svn.zope.org/*checkout*/Zope/tags/2.12.0a1/versions-zope2.cfg
   (and changed to extend versions3.cfg instead of versions-zope3.cfg)

- versions3.cfg, which is a static copy of:
   http://svn.zope.org/*checkout*/Zope/tags/2.12.0a1/versions-zope3.cfg

- zope.conf, which is a minimal zope.conf

So, with this, the following will work:

- bin/runzope
- bin/zopectl fg

However, bin/zopectl (start|stop) doesn't work because line 131 of
zopectl.py sets zdrun to a hard coded path. I guess we need to generate
a script for zdrun that has all the eggs present.

Any ideas on the "right" way to do this? I guess we may need to do
something similar with zeoctl?

cheers,

Chris