[Zope-dev] ZEO for Zope 2.12.0a1 from buildout with no funky recipes ; -)

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Mar 30 11:03:06 EDT 2009

Hi,

Well, I made some progress in that ZEO instances are just fine to get going.

Here's the buildout.cfg:

[buildout]
parts = zeoinstance
extends = versions2.cfg

[zeoinstance]
recipe = zc.recipe.egg
eggs =
   ZODB3
entry-points=
   runzeo=ZEO.runzeo:main
   zeoctl=ZEO.zeoctl:main
   zdrun=zdaemon.zdrun:main
scripts = runzeo zeoctl zdrun
initialization =
   import sys
   sys.argv[1:1] = ['-C','${buildout:directory}/etc/zeo.conf']

... with versions2.cfg and versions3.cfg coming from the same source as
my previous zope instance attempt, and here's the zeo.conf:

%define INSTANCE .

<zeo>
   address 2000
</zeo>

<filestorage 1>
   path $INSTANCE/var/Data.fs
</filestorage>

<eventlog>
   level info
   <logfile>
     path $INSTANCE/log/zeo.log
   </logfile>
</eventlog>

<runner>
   program $INSTANCE/bin/runzeo
   daemon true
   forever false
   backoff-limit 10
   exit-codes 0, 2
   directory $INSTANCE
   default-to-interactive true
   zdrun $INSTANCE/bin/zdrun
   logfile $INSTANCE/log/zdrun.log
</runner>

Now, one question I had was how to get $INSTANCE to be set to where the
buildout.cfg is, rather than having it hardcoded to '.'?

'.' works just fine, provided you run the control scripts from within
the buildout directory, but I don't know how to do that from cron.

So, two ideas:

- can ZConfig take stuff from the environment?
   (who maintains ZConfig now?)

- Hanno, what was that stuff you mentioned?

cheers,

Chris