[Zope-dev] Using views for exceptions in Zope 2.12?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri May 8 04:01:21 EDT 2009

Hi All,

Given that the source of bug #372632 appears to be code related to
allowing views on exceptions in Zope 2, I thought I'd try use this method.

I tried this, without much joy:

   <browser:defaultView
       for="exceptions.Exception"
       name="error"
       />
   <browser:page
       for="exceptions.Exception"
       template="html/error.html"
       name="error"
       permission="zope2.Public"
       />

So, how should I be wiring in views for exceptions?

Also, is there a base view class for exceptions anywhere that provides
the following or their equivalents?

                 kwargs = {'error_type': error_name,
                           'error_value': error_value,
                           'error_tb': error_tb,
                           'error_traceback': error_tb,
                           'error_message': error_message,
                           'error_log_url': error_log_url}

Finally, when a view is used to render and exception, is the userthe
current logged in user (as is the case with standard_error_message) or
Anonymous (as has annoyingly been the case with Unauthorized exceptions
in the past)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk