[Zope-dev] zope.app.publication dependencies (volunteersneeded!)

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Thu May 14 05:00:31 EDT 2009

Hi Michael

> Betreff: Re: [Zope-dev] zope.app.publication dependencies
> (volunteersneeded!)
>
> Am 13.05.2009 um 19:55 schrieb Martijn Faassen:
> [...]
> > From this little graph, it looks clear we could do some of the
> > following things (research is needed to see how difficult they are):
> >
> > * cut the dependency of zope.app.publisher on zope.app.component
> >
> > * OR cut the dependency of zope.app.component on zope.formlib
> >
> > * cut the dependency of zope.app.publisher on zope.app.publication
> >
> > * OR cut the dependency of zope.app.component on zope.app.security
> >
> > * cut the dependency of zope.app.publisher on zope.app.publication
> >
> > * OR cut the dependency of zope.app.publication on
> zope.app.exception
> >
> > * OR cut the dependency of zope.app.exception on zope.formlib
>
> The last option I already implemented on the
> icemac_no_formlib branch in zope.app.exception.
> z3c.template is used there instead of zope.formlib.
>
> I can merge this branch in the next days and cut a release.

As long as z3c.template depends on chameleon, lxml etc. I think
this is a no go for core zope packages.

We need to get rid of z3c.pt and offer a better optional
implementation for z3c.pt support.

note;
I like z3c.pt very much and think this is a great package.
But the built in compatibility layer is a very bad thing.

Regards
Roger Ineichen