[Zope-dev] zope.app.publication dependencies (volunteersneeded!)

Michael Howitz mh at gocept.com
Thu May 14 06:51:50 EDT 2009

Am 14.05.2009 um 12:05 schrieb Martijn Faassen:
> Michael Howitz wrote:

>>> As long as z3c.template depends on chameleon, lxml etc. I think
>>> this is a no go for core zope packages.
>>
>> According to its setup.py z3c.template does not depend on chameleon.
>> It depends on "z3c.ptcompat [zpt]" which does not depend on z3c.pt
>> but
>> only on zope.app.pagetemplate.
>
> I still think there's a problem in pulling in 2 more packages.
> zope.app.exception is not a big package in the amount of code inside..
>
> Could you talk a bit about what your branch is trying to accomplish?

zope.app.exception depends on zope.formlib's namedtemplate mechanism.
zope.formlib has many many dependencies but only this special function
of it is used by zope.app.exception. It's needed to render
customizable the unauthorized views.
So I replaced zope.formlib by the much more lightweight z3c.template.

See also the proposal http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2009-April/035833.html

> (see elsewhere on the thread for a way to cut the dependency of
> zope.app.publication to zope.app.exception completely with little
> effort)

This (move the ISystemErrorView) seems to be the right solution to get
rid of the zope.app.publication dependency on zope.app.exception.
In a project of mine I need zope.app.exception independently of this
dependency but I do not want to depend on zope.formlib for a little
feature of it which can be done by another smaller package.

Yours sincerely,
--
Michael Howitz · mh at gocept.com · software developer