[Zope-dev] zope.app.publication dependencies (volunteers needed!)

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri May 15 07:00:24 EDT 2009

Hey,

Chris McDonough wrote:
> I did a bit of research on the direct "zope.app.*" dependencies of zope.formlib.

Cool!

> - I looked into its dependency on zope.app.form.  It
>    essentially uses a bunch of interfaces from the
>    zope.app.form.interfaces package.  I don't know whether it
>    would be reasonable to move all those interfaces
>    to zope.browser or somewhere else, but essentially
>    moving those interfaces to somewhere "neutral"
>    would break this particular dependency.

I think it might make sense to reverse these dependencies - i.e.
zope.app.form uses interfaces from zope.formlib for implementing its
widgets. The old ZCML-based form mechanism in zope.app.form is moribund
anyway so we can just ignore that. Don't know whether this would help
the dependency structures though.

I think it's going to be hard to motivate moving zope.app.form
interfaces to zope.browser, as ideally we'd like to make the rest of the
toolkit unaffected by particular decisions on how form generation should
work.

Regards,

Martijn