[Zope-dev] zope.app.publication dependencies (volunteersneeded!)

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue May 19 17:04:34 EDT 2009

Hi there,

I started working on zope.componentvocabulary. It exists now and
zope.app.interface and zope.app.component both depend on it, along with
zope.app.publisher. We're not entirely rid of zope.app.component yet though:

Martijn Faassen wrote:
[snip]
> * the registration of the zope:view and zope:resource directives. I'm
> not sure what these are for, as we have browser:view and
> browser:resource. Perhaps these can be safely lifted into
> zope.app.publisher, which defines the browser:* varieties

I need to do some analysis to see where the "zope:view" and
"zope:resource" directives are in use. I don't want to accidentally
introduce *more* dependencies as packages that use these directives
would now have to depend on zope.app.publisher instead of
zope.app.component, and zope.app.publisher carries around a load of
dependencies.

Regards,

Martijn