[Zope-dev] z3c.form 2.0 release?

Hanno Schlichting hannosch at hannosch.eu
Wed May 20 05:20:13 EDT 2009

Hi.

Malthe Borch wrote:
> The z3c.pt package shouldn't have difficult dependencies; it depends
> on zope.i18n >= 3.5 but reasons unknown to me (Hanno CC'ed).

The zope.i18n 3.5 dependency is used for the optimized i18n support in
Chameleon. I ported all the performance tweaks we made in Plone and
PlacelessTranslationService over time back to zope.i18n in that release.

Chameleon uses the zope.i18n.negotiate function added in 3.5 to
negotiate the language once per template instead of in every
zope.i18n.translate call. It works with a special fast_translate
function that skips the negotiation step completely and relies on the
negotiate function instead.

While zope.i18n 3.5 is not part of the 3.4 KGS it's way older then the
final 3.4 KGS release and only introduces backwards compatible new features.

Hanno