[Zope-dev] package dependency refactoring progress report

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sat May 23 14:40:36 EDT 2009

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> So, the only dependency cycles left in zope.app.publisher are these:
>>
>> zope.app.publisher <--> zope.app.publication <--> zope.app.http
>
> I fixed those tonight.  On the trunk, there are no longer any
> dependencies between zope.app.publisher, zope.app.publication, and
> zope.app.http, except testing dependencies.

Cool! Thanks very much!

> Here is a summary of what I did:
[snip summary]
> - I used zope.deferred to deprecate things I moved from
> zope.app.publication, zope.app.publisher, and zope.app.http.  Are there
> any objections to using zope.deferred in those packages?

No objection, but what's the reason to use zope.deferred instead of
straight imports or zope.deprecation? To break the dependencies?

> In all, I changed 6 packages.  Should I release them now, or should I
> look for other dependencies we might clean up at the same time?

I'm +1 on releasing now. (and thanks for making them feature releases)
Getting these things out there gives everybody who plays with this nicer
dependency graphs and this tends to help improvement.

Regards,

Martijn