[Zope-dev] zc.buildout problem

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Sun May 24 12:24:01 EDT 2009

Maurits van Rees wrote:
> Adam GROSZER, on 2009-05-24:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Following just happened. The project has KGS 3.4 versions as a base,
>> locally I wanted to override lxml to >= 2.1.1.
>>
>> [...snip...]
>> extends = http://download.zope.org/zope3.4/3.4.0/versions.cfg
>> versions = versions
>>
>> [versions]
>> lxml >= 2.1.1
>
> Only assignment (=) is allowed here, not comparison (>=).

Right. And note that it's =, not ==. A [versions] block is not a version
spec, it's an explicit pin.

You may also be interested in the buildout.dumppickedversions, which
helps you analyse what buildout actually picked, and possibly in
http://good-py.appspot.com, which helps you manage version pins in
different "layers" for different platforms. For example, you could add a
second line to 'extends' with another KGS layered on top of the Zope
3.4.0 one, overriding some versions and adding others.

> Comparison is allowed in a few other spots, for example:
>
> recipe = my.recipe.name >= 1.0

And in any 'eggs' line.

Martin