[Zope-dev] [Checkins] SVN: zope.app.http/trunk/- Replacedthedependency on zope.deprecation with BBB imports

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Wed May 27 17:07:40 EDT 2009

Hi Paul

> Betreff: Re: [Zope-dev] [Checkins] SVN: zope.app.http/trunk/-
> Replacedthedependency on zope.deprecation with BBB imports
>
> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 02:06:03PM +0200, Roger Ineichen wrote:
> > I think there is something else wrong if someone is using code with
> > deprecation warnings in a production setup.
>
> Do you not use any third-party code?

No not really, just python, zope and z3c libraries,
on windows some win32 or ctypes.

> Often, the deprecation warnings are emitted by code not under
> your control.

I think using packages with deprecated code is just a workarround
if someone needs to use new features which is built in a
newer version of a package and can't use all the newer
versions of the packages this package depends on. (BBB)

The better way is to use the old package or the new set of packages.
I agree that this is not always possible. But we should not
excuse us and tink that this is correct. It still has a hugh
potential of problems because the set of versions is based
on BBB and this part is not well tested or test are removed.

Most the time if you will run into unexpected problems,
some untested old BB code is involved. Take a look at the
old registry code in our zope packages as a sample.

Regards
Roger Ineichen