[Zope-dev] RFC: Site -> Locus

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu May 28 10:08:14 EDT 2009

A few high-level comments.

1. I admire your desire to make this clearer. :)

2. I think local configuration address use cases that most people
don't have but introduce complexity that I bet a lot of developers
trip over.

3. I think the right word here is "local registry".  I think the whole
concept should be labeled as advanced and we should discourage people
from even pondering it unless they have a strong use case, like
wanting to host multiple web sites with different configs in the same
application. :)

4. I think we should step back (re)think how we handle the goals that
drive this.  If we do, we might  come up with something so different
that we'd make this discussion moot.

Jim

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation