[Zope-dev] Zope Tests: 6 OK, 2 Failed

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sun Nov 1 08:09:56 EST 2009

Am 31.10.09 18:53, schrieb Tres Seaver:
> Zope Tests Summarizer wrote:
> > Summary of messages to the zope-tests list.
> > Period Fri Oct 30 13:00:00 2009 UTC to Sat Oct 31 13:00:00 2009 UTC.
> > There were 8 messages: 8 from Zope Tests.
>

> > Test failures
> > -------------
>
> > Subject: FAILED (failures=1) : Zope-2.12-alltests Python-2.4.6 : Linux
> > From: Zope Tests
> > Date: Fri Oct 30 21:52:06 EDT 2009
>
> I can't reproduce this failure when running the Acquisition 2.12.4 tests
> with Python 2.4 on my machine.

I can reproduce this error with Python 2.4 on 64 bit Linux.

However I would not care much about it since 2.4 is basically unsupported.

I am going one step further and propose to support officially only
Python 2.6
(and inofficially Python 2.5). Why? Right now it is possible writing
Zope 2.12
compatible add-ons that might use Python 2.6 feature. Another using running
Zope w/ Python 2.5 or 2.4 will not be able to run this particular
add-on. So I am inclined to limit the official support to Python 2.6 only.

Thoughts?

Andreas