[Zope-dev] A note on the PyCon Program committee.

Lennart Regebro lregebro at jarn.com
Tue Nov 3 03:03:44 EST 2009

2009/11/2 Chris McDonough <chrism at plope.com>:
> Another way to avoid this in the future besides joining the committee would
> be for notable members of the Zope community to reach out on a regular
> (daily) basis to other Python-using communities.  Offer them well-documented
> software, visit their sprints and conferences, try their alphas, join their
> IRC channels, participate in their maillists and so on.  It's harder to do
> intercommunity politics daily in this way as opposed to "facing off" yearly,
> but it will have a higher, more lasting payoff.

That's a good point. We do visit "their" conferences though, since
that is to a large extent the PyCons. Only Django has their own
conference afaik. But just as they can learn from the Zope community
we obviously can learn from them. And a good example of this was
Wicherts talk "Lessons from other frameworks" on this years PloneConf,
which I unfortunately missed, as I had another talk at the same time).

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64