[Zope-dev] A note on the PyCon Program committee.

Gary Poster gary.poster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 15:11:09 EST 2009

I had a "rethinking interfaces" talk accepted.  It's about the
positives and negatives of zope.interface and zope.component, driven
primarily from the perspective and experience of the Launchpad team,
and myself in particular; and about changes that might be made or
differences we are interested in.

It is an advocacy piece only in the sense that we are saying that, by-
and-large, we like what the packages give us, but it is more
challenging than that.  It's an interesting pairing to Jeff Shell's
invited talk, which appears to cover some of the same ground from more
of an advocacy/tutorial perspective.  I was honestly a bit surprised
that mine was accepted when Jeff's was already scheduled, but maybe
mine is "the dark side" version of his talk. :-)

Gary