[Zope-dev] Relative path support for z3c.recipe.paster?

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Wed Nov 4 11:15:43 EST 2009

Hi Jonathan

> Betreff: [Zope-dev] Relative path support for z3c.recipe.paster?
>
> Hi,
>
> Since zc.recipe.egg 1.2.0, there's an option to generate
> scripts which contains relative paths to eggs installed in
> the eggs/ directory [1] This is very handy if you want to
> move your buildout around, without needing to relaunch the
> whole buildout process.
>
> What do maintainers of z3c.recipe.paster think if I propose a
> patch which add this option (or something else) to support
> the same thing for this recipe?
> Actually, this can be a relatively minor change, since the
> recipe already use zc.recipe.egg, which means it only has to
> pass the corresponding option to this one.
>
> Thoughts?

In general any improvment is welcome as long as there is no bad
sideffect. I do not know this option and do not understand what
you mean with moving buildout around.

I guess this is nothing which is needed in a productive setup.

Anyway, if there is no sideffect like larger processing time
in prodction use just for provide a fancy feature, you are very
welcome to improve and implement usefull things ;-)

Regards
Roger Ineichen