[Zope-dev] Zope 2.12 - one more ZPublisher event

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 02:53:04 EST 2009

Hi,

In Zope 2.12 ZPublisher we have a good set of events now, which provide
useful hooks for modifying the response before or after publication.
However, I'd like to add one more. ;-)

Basically, we have IPubFailure, but this is sent *after*
transaction.abort() and endInteraction(). This means that it's
impossible to read from the ZODB when trying to deal with a failure.

I'd like to add an event before that, IPubBeforeAbort, which mirrors
IPubBeforeCommit in being sent before the transaction is aborted.

I can do this on Zope trunk + 2.12 branch if no-one objects.

Martin