[Zope-dev] Handling instance specific configuration files with buildout

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Nov 18 08:19:38 EST 2009

Charlie Clark wrote:
> There is, however, one thing I haven't quite worked out how to do is add
> stuff to the instance's "etc" folder. We have some configuration files
> which are instance specific which we have so far kept in in etc/config. Do
> I need to create a recipe that does this for this part?

You have a few options:

1 - just leave them as they are :-)

2 - use collective.recipe.template or topp.recipes.cfgtemplate if you
need to replace bits of the stuff in etc with stuff from the buildout
(such as the buildout directory)

3 - go the "deployment" route using zc.recipe.deployment where all
config ends up in buildout.cfg. For this, you do need a recipe for each
cfg file or group thereof. There are currently recipes for zeo servers
and zeoraid servers, I'll be doing one for Zope 2.12 "some time soon",
which should suffice for Plone too...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk