[Zope-dev] Handling instance specific configuration files with buildout

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Wed Nov 18 08:48:38 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 1:29 PM, Charlie Clark
<charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu> wrote:
> There is, however, one thing I haven't quite worked out how to do is add
> stuff to the instance's "etc" folder. We have some configuration files
> which are instance specific which we have so far kept in in etc/config. Do
> I need to create a recipe that does this for this part?

We use this snippet for something similar:

[link-extensions]
recipe = plone.recipe.command
command =
    for i in ${buildout:parts-directory}/instance*; do rm -rf
$i/Extensions; ln -s ${buildout:directory}/Extensions $i/Extensions;
done
update-command = ${link-extensions:command}

I'm sure you can adopt this to linking everything in
${buildout:directory}/config into the various parts/instance*
directories.

Hanno