[Zope-dev] Zope3 server with SIGSEGV - what to do?

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Thu Nov 26 06:52:48 EST 2009

Am Mittwoch 25 November 2009 13:07:58 schrieb Benji York:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 1:42 AM, Hermann Himmelbauer <dusty at qwer.tk> wrote:
> > Ah, thanks that could be. My current version is zope.security-3.4.1 (as
> > from KGS-3.4.0).
> >
> > The real bad thing about this is that it seems I'm stuck with that
> > release as trying to upgrade to zope.security-3.7.1 fails due to
> > dependencies. So I'd have to upgrade all packages (btw., there seems not
> > to be any current KGS?).
>
> Yep.  The introduction of so many non-backward-compatible changes in the
> last few years has also caused me great pain.
>
> > Any ideas how to solve this?
>
> If this bug did indeed exist in 3.4.1, we can backport the fix and do a
> 3.4.x bug-fix release.

Thanks a lot for help, that would really great. The question is, how do I find
out (with my limited knowledge of zope.security) if the bug exists in 3.4.1?

I saw in your link you sent me that a core-dump can be made somehow, how can
this be done? Because via that core-dump I expect we can pinpoint the reason
and confirm the bug for zope.security-3.4.1?

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7