[Zope-dev] implementing zope.component 4.0

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Nov 30 06:03:48 EST 2009

Chris McDonough wrote:
> Lennart Regebro wrote:
>>> I have very much
>>> come to appreciate the power of this delegation in, say, BrowserViews;
>>> even if it did take me several months to understand the multiadapter
>>> pattern!
>> I hear this a lot, so this is apparently something that is common to
>> take a while to grasp. Any ideas of what to make multi-adapters more
>> understandable would probably be a good thing.
>
> The typical misunderstanding starts like this, I think:
[snip scenario]

 > Personally, even I don't really know how it works.

I think this scenario is actually a lot more common among those of us
(you and me) who *do* have an idea of what multi adaptation actually
does. :)

I think what you are describing is a lack of understanding of the
detailed mechanism. Perhaps it's different for you, but I haven't heard
stories of beginners being confused by this. I think you only tend to
run into this if you do something quite advanced with the ZCA, i.e.
build frameworky things yourself.

That said, better documentation would again be useful.

Regards,

Martijn