[Zope-dev] implementing zope.component 4.0

Thomas Lotze tl at gocept.com
Mon Nov 30 11:16:03 EST 2009

Lennart Regebro wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 16:39, Charlie Clark
>> The
>> most common example I know of the syntax is with INameChooser() which
>> brings us back to the differences (real or imaginary) between utilities
>> and adapters.
>
> I agree that calling an interface like that is a strange thing to do. I
> don't know what that would do, even. I have however never ever seen that
> done.

To me, it feels rather naturally like calling a class: both give you an
object that has a well-defined relation to what you called, i.e. "is an
instance of the class" or "provides the interface". Both relations are
very similar IMO in that they describe how the object behaves and what you
can do with it, the difference being only that calling an interface adds
some abstraction and flexibility.

--
Thomas