[Zope-dev] implementing zope.component 4.0

Zvezdan Petkovic zvezdan at zope.com
Mon Nov 30 17:06:44 EST 2009

On Nov 30, 2009, at 4:40 PM, Gary Poster wrote:
> Put yet another way, how are 99+% of our "utility" usages not singletons?

Therein lies the problem.
Singletons are singletons in 100% of cases.
Since utilities are not singletons in 100% of cases they are not singletons by definition.

> If that's the case, what's the value of having to explain what a utility is?

There is nothing to explain.
Utility is something useful that helps you accomplish a task.
Which task?
Well, the one you just looked a utility for.
:-)

	Zvezdan