[Zope-dev] Proposal: cleaning up the content-type story

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Tue Oct 6 06:14:26 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Martin Aspeli <optilude+lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thomas Lotze wrote:
>
>> - zope.contenttype: parsing of MIME-type identifiers, guessing the MIME
>>   type of file contents, preferrably without dependencies within the ZTK
>
> Can I suggest that we use a different name?

Please don't!

We have renamed this package already way too often. This ain't funny anymore:

try:
    from zope.contenttype import guess_content_type
except ImportError: # BBB: Zope < 2.10
    try:
        from zope.app.content_types import guess_content_type
    except ImportError: # BBB: Zope < 2.9
        from OFS.content_types import guess_content_type

Hanno