[Zope-dev] five.localsitemanager and unregisterUtility

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Fri Oct 9 08:22:12 EDT 2009

Hello,

   I used to use those features in Silva. It work well with 0.4, but
   it's broken in 1.x. (I have tests in Silva testing that).

   This have to do with the wrapping (to remember the aquisition path)
   of an utility which is done inside the registry by registerUtility,
   which breaks the unregisterUtility.

   unregisterUtility is checking that the component you want to
   unregister is the same than the one which is in the registry, for
   the same specification, which is not true, because the one in the
   registry in wrapped with a ComponentPathWrapper (in register).

   If you do grep unregisterUtility in five.localsitemanager, you have
   no match, but the site API defines both, so they should both
   works (and so be tested).

   I volunteer myself to add test (and fix it) in the SVN, as I need
   that fix.

   Does anyone have an objection with that ?

   Does any official maintainer will do a release (1.1.1, as it will be
   a bug fix) afterwards ?

   (of course, the trunk will need to be fixed if the same problem is
   present, and no, I do not want to use the trunk, but the 1.x branch).

   Best regards,

   Sylvain Viollon

--
Sylvain Viollon -- Infrae