[Zope-dev] zope.site.hooks

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Mon Oct 12 23:59:31 EDT 2009

Fabio Tranchitella wrote:
> * 2009-10-12 08:55, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>> Perhaps it is an idea to make zope.component an extension for
>> repoze.zcml? repoze.zcml already exists and works well, and people who
>> want the extra zope magic can keep using zope.component. I suspect that
>> is less work than trying to split up zope.component.
>
> repoze.zcml uses a different ZCML namespace (bfg), so you cannot replace
> zope.component.zcml with repoze.zcml without changing your code.

repoze.zcml is stupid simple; its only actual value is 100% test coverage, so
cutting and pasting its code will always make sense as necessary.

But FTR, "using a different ZCML namespace" would be fixed by having a
different meta-ZCML file for meta configuration in any other package.  That
meta-ZCML file would just copy the meta.zcml from repoze.zcml and change:

to:

... leaving everything else exactly as-is.

OTOH, I don't know how to both give 100% BW compat and have the "zope"
namespace be the default for the adapter/utility/subscriber directives.

- C