[Zope-dev] proposal: Custom schema properties

Adam Groszer agroszer.ll at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 14:06:29 EDT 2009

Hello,

After quickly glancing over plone.behavior it seems more like
something to extend a schema, and does it solve the problem of "new
properties -- new schema -- change everything around it"?

What I need is to be able to change schema properties per site. And
skipping the need to fix the forms or whatever concerned with that
changed schema.

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:
> On 10/25/09 15:08 , Adam GROSZER wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Custom schema properties proposal
>> =================================
>>
>> The problem
>> ------------
>> is that we have a "baseline" project. This baseline project gets
>> customized for each client. Each client has different (usually just a
>> little bit) needs in terms of field titles and field required.
>>
>> The real problem is, to achieve this we have to create a new interface
>> with the overridden field. This starts the domino effect, we have to
>> create a new class, this new class needs to be instantiated, new add
>> form, new edit form and register those. A hell lot of code to support
>> that tiny change.
>
> Doesn't http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.behavior provide exactly that
> feature? I'm pretty sure we can get that BSD licensed if it's helpful.
>
> WIchert.

Best regards,
 Adam