[Zope-dev] Subversion externals versus mirroring

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Wed Sep 9 09:35:02 EDT 2009

On Sep 9, 2009, at 15:30 , Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Ah, I perhaps misunderstood. I figured the resolving of relative
> externals would be a problem with a Subversion 1.4.x client.

There's two different issues being confused here.

SVN 1.4 clients will work with SVN 1.5 repositories in general.
However, that's not the real issue here. The issue is the new-style
externals definitions that allow you to use "relative" paths. Those
relative paths will not work for SVN 1.4 clients.

jens