[Zope-dev] [Checkins] SVN: zope.app.security/trunk/ keep trunk version at 0. Update changes

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Sep 11 08:53:43 EDT 2009

Benji York wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 2:20 AM, Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:
>> Suppose you are working on an app which includes a package that depends on A
>>> = 2.1 to make sure it can use a new API introduced in A 2.1. If you then
>> add a develop egg for A to do some work on it things break with this policy
>> because it will have version 0 and can no longer satisfy the >= 2.1
>> requirement.
>
> Gotcha.  Yep that's a down side of the zero approach.  For me the scale
> still tips to using zero as the trunk version.

Well, the official policy of the ZTK is still to use the 'dev' approach.
We can't just suddenly start to use something else just like that,
without discussion.

So, could you please follow this policy for ZTK packages in SVN?

In addition, if you are going to release to pypi, there are tools like
zest.releaser which make doing a release in the official way a snap
(version-bump and all).

Regards,

Martijn