[Zope-dev] [Checkins] SVN: zope.app.security/trunk/ keep trunk version at 0. Update changes

Benji York benji at zope.com
Fri Sep 11 10:45:59 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Gary Poster <gary.poster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, since I'm also in the "setup.py should be able to specify minimum
> versions" camp (admittedly unlike others, such as Benji, to my continued
> surprise)

I've gotta keep you guessing somehow. ;)

> The '0' pattern seems like a loss for me, and at best a minimal win for
> those that are arguing for it.  I'd prefer not to see a change, with the
> usual associated costs of communication and check-in police.

Given the way the ZTK policies have shaped up I think I have to agree
that zero on the trunk will probably be a small loss for most people
working on ZTK projects.

For the way I develop non-ZTK software the zeros are a small win.
Luckily most of the software I develop isn't in the ZTK, so I'm fine
with the status quo.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer