[Zope-dev] [Checkins] SVN: zope.app.security/trunk/ keep trunk version at 0. Update changes

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Sep 11 10:45:39 EDT 2009

Gary Poster wrote:
[snip]
> ...Mmm, what Marius describes works for me, I believe.  I've
> definitely used that trick and showed it to others, at least.  Maybe
> it worked by mistake?  /me wonders if he was doing something wrong, or
> if he remembersbut doesn't take the time to try it again right now.

I'd worked for me too, but perhaps it just works by random chance. :)

> zest.releaser might be good, dunno.

I was skeptical of using release helpers, but then I used zest.releaser
and I haven't looked back. A friend of mine had the same experience.

> Also, since I'm also in the "setup.py should be able to specify
> minimum versions" camp (admittedly unlike others, such as Benji, to my
> continued surprise),

Doing this is official ZTK policy, actually. (though bugfix versions are
too fine-grained to require in this policy)

[snip]
> That said, I don't this is worth a big argument, or even a big
> discussion (or even this email? :-).  If the Zope triumverate or
> whatever it is these days changes the release document, so be it. :-)

It didn't think our release policy was worth any argument - I thought we
had people on board with it by now. But apparently I was wrong.

Regards,

Martijn