[Zope-dev] Proposal: Determining packages which are in the ZTK

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Sep 21 13:52:42 EDT 2009

Jim Fulton wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Martijn Faassen
> <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
>> Jim Fulton wrote:
>>> I definitively want the option of making documentation executable.

>> So, I'd be against any "you can't contribute documentation unless it's
>> executable" rule. The value of narrative documentation is tremendous,
>> automatically checked or not. Hopefully there are also iterative ways to
>> get from non-executable to executable documentation.
>
> All I said was that I wanted the option of executable documentation.
> In particular, I don't want to mandate a source organization that
> makes this harder.

Just making sure we are all on the same page.

I agree we shouldn't make this harder. We should look into documenting
the approach bobo uses in the ZTK documentation so people have some
ideas on how to approach this.

I've added a note about this to the ZTK decisions document for now.

Regards,

Martijn