[Zope-dev] various ZTK observations

Thomas Lotze tl at gocept.com
Tue Sep 22 01:45:27 EDT 2009

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> * zope.contenttype: we should analyze what is using zope.contenttype.

Of the packages mentioned in ztk.cfg, zope.browserresource, zope.app.file
and zope.app.onlinehelp are. There's also zope.mimetype which seems to be
concerned with the same subject and is used by zope.file and zope.html,
and there's some MIME-type handling being done without using either
zope.contenttype or zope.mimetype by zope.publisher and possibly others.
Last time I looked, these different pieces of code didn't even treat
content type declarations consistently nor correctly wrt the relevant RfC.
I guess one might want to clean up this story as a whole.

--
Thomas