[Zope-dev] Undeclared dependency of zope.site on zope.app.publication

Thomas Lotze tl at gocept.com
Tue Sep 29 02:24:51 EDT 2009

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Thomas Lotze wrote:
>> I just noticed that zope.site depends on zope.app.publication, both via
>> configure.zcml and the tests. The dependency isn't currently declared.
>> On the other hand, zope.app.publication doesn't yet depend on zope.site.
>>
>> I'd like to get rid of the dependency of zope.site on zope.app.publisher
>> and I think it would be OK to invert it by moving the relevant ZCML
>> declarations (two event handler registrations) and the two pieces of
>> test regarding traversal behaviour to zope.app.publisher, which would
>> thereby grow a new dependency on zope.site. What do others think?
>
> At first glance I'm +1 on doing this. We'll need analyze what we can do
> with zope.app.publication too.

I've just committed changes to the packages to remove any trace of
zope.app.publication from zope.site. The handlers in question are still
implemented by zope.site as they are not z.a.p specific, and conditionally
registered by z.a.p if zope.site is installed. This makes zope.site a
testing dependency of zope.app.publication.

Could someone with the appropriate privileges please grant me PyPI access
to the two packages so I can make releases? (Though releasing zope.site
might wait until another issue involving it has been resolved.)

--
Thomas