[Zope-dev] Zope 2.12.0 released

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Wed Sep 30 23:15:42 EDT 2009

On behalf of the Zope 2 developers community I am pleased to announce
the official release of Zope 2.12.0.

Major changes:

 - Ships with ZODB 3.9
 - Runs on top of Python 2.5 and 2.6 (no official support for Python 2.4, your mileage may vary)
 - Fully eggified - you install Zope 2.12 directly from PyPI  using *easy_install* or *zc.buildout*
 - Lots of cleanup on the module level (e.g. ZClasses have gone forever - like it or not)
 - Ships with the Zope component library (aka Zope 3.4)
 - RESTified documentation in order to generate nice looking HTML/PDF documents using Sphinx
 - lots of other small details

For more details, check:

 http://docs.zope.org/zope2/releases/2.12/WHATSNEW.html

Release notes:

 http://docs.zope.org/zope2/releases/2.12/CHANGES.html

Especially read the installation instructions since the installation
process is different from all other Zope versions (because of the
eggification process). Keep in mind that we do no longer provide the
traditional all-in-one source tarball:

 http://docs.zope.org/zope2/releases/2.12/INSTALL.html

The official Zope 2.12 project page on PyPI can be found here:

 http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Zope2/

If you have found a bug, please report it on Launchpad:

 https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope2/

I would like to thank all people having contributed to this release.
Special thanks to Tres Seaver for his tireless efforts in fixing bugs
and maintaining the Zope 2 codebase and Hanno Schlichting who worked
hard and steadfast on the eggification of Zope 2 and on the cleanup of
various dark corners of the Zope 2 codebase.

In addition we launched the dedicated zope2.zope.org microsite today.
This is one of the first steps for relaunching the Zope sites (including
www.zope.org) asap.

Andreas Jung
Zope 2 Release Manager

--
ZOPYX Ltd. & Co KG          \  ZOPYX & Friends
Charlottenstr. 37/1          \  The experts for your Python, Zope and