[Zope-dev] Zope 2.13 roadmap

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Thu Apr 1 05:52:06 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 05:41:17AM +0200, Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> There's no big roadmap yet, but I have some ideas :)
<snip>
> All that said, we'll change plans if something comes up and a better
> plan suggests itself. The above list is obviously non-exclusive, so if
> someone else has anything he wants to work on, announce it, discuss it
> and we'll decide when and how it gets in.

I don't think I'll be able to work on it, but I think it's worth
consideration: Unicode issues with Zope 2.12.  I've seen these on at
least three different Zope 2 sites built with a combination of TTW page
templates, Python scripts and (sometimes) DTML documents: things like
title attributes store their data as UTF-8 strings, while page templates
insist on Unicode objects, resulting in errors all over the place.

Those sites worked with Zope 2.9 and broke down after an upgrade to
2.12.  That's a not very nice thing to do to your users...

Regards,
Marius Gedminas