[Zope-dev] IAbsoluteURL for browser view should contain @@?

Christian Zagrodnick cz at gocept.com
Thu Apr 1 07:32:40 EDT 2010

On 2010-04-01 12:31:10 +0200, Jacob Holm <jh at improva.dk> said:

> Marius Gedminas wrote:
>>
>> Are you sure that most views provide IBrowserView these days?  URL
>> traversal looks them up as multi-adapters providing just Interface.
>>

> True and you will almost never see a view class using
> "implements(IBrowserView)" directly.  Still, if you use the browser:view
> or browser:page zcml directives from zope.browserpage (used to live in
> zope.app.publisher.browser) to register your views, then the magic class
> that they create for you and that is *actually* registered is a
> descendant of zope.publisher.browser.BrowserView which *does* implement
> IBrowserView.

Yes indeed.

One problem I found already is, that the FileResource is "more" an
IBrowserView than an IResources currently. That is currently
registering an IAbsoluteURL adapter for IBrowserView will break the URL
for file resources. But that's solvable.
Christian Zagrodnick · cz at gocept.com
http://gocept.com · tel +49 345 1229889 4 · fax +49 345 1229889 1