[Zope-dev] Agenda for today's IRC meeting (3pm UTC on #zope)

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Tue Apr 13 08:53:47 EDT 2010

another weekly meeting is coming up today and I hope see you again
around 3pm
UTC at #zope at freenode. (That's about 2 hours from now on.)

Last week's summary is here:
https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/attachments/20100406/43469a51/attachment.txt

Agenda
------

- Upcoming bug day (Announcements, Mentors)
- Resurrecting the "sprint schedule"
   page, http://wiki.zope.org/zope/SprintSchedule
- A more general calendar (e.g., for Zope / Python related
   conferences, symposia, sprints, etc.)
- Test runners / nightly builds

Ongoing issues
--------------

Those issues are currently ongoing. We don't have to discuss them. We
just need to follow up on them eventually.

- Test runners / nightly builds
   - Towards a list of projects/platforms/etc. we want guaranteed builds
     for.
   - Automatic binary egg builds for Windows
   - Access to Windows build machine for developers (AMI)
   - Access to Visual Studio license for the build machine

- Bug tracking
   - Monitoring tracker status (Charlie Clark, ctheune)
   - Temporary restructuring of ZTK packages into single project
     (ctheune)
   - Long-term restructuring of LP packages into individual projects
     and project group
   - Triaging Z3 bugs into ZTK, closing Z3 tracker then.

- Towards a ZTK release
   - Establishing ZTK release engineering team (Z2, grok, BB)
   - Documentation
   - Release scope

- Meta
   - How to organize open issues in the long run (Blueprints?
     MyCommittee? Other tool? Continue text files?)
   - Find second person to run the weekly meetings

Horizon
-------

These items are currently tracked on the horizon. We won't discuss them
at this meeting, but we'll get to them at some point:

- Pondering *some* (re-)structuring of the ZTK to allow for better
   maintenance/release management/communication/marketing. (Chris
   McDonough)

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com