[Zope-dev] Poposal: Split zope.app.preference into two packages

Michael Howitz mh at gocept.com
Thu Apr 15 11:06:35 EDT 2010

Hi,

I propose to split zope.app.preference into two separate packages:
- zope.preference -- which contains the ZMI independent stuff,
- zope.app.preference -- which contains the ZMI stuff and depends on zope.preference.

By ZMI stuff I mean the views and page templates which depend on ZMI to be displayed.
As there are no tests for these views I'll write some testbrowser tests first.

Later on there might be a package z3c.preference which integrates zope.preference using z3c.pagelet.

Risks: I do not see any.

Any objections, hints, …?

Yours sincerely,
--