[Zope-dev] zope.test.doctest made into monkey-patches (Was: Circular dependency hell.)

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 09:59:20 EDT 2010

On 20 April 2010 21:23, Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 13:44, Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:
>> You may want to move it outside the zope.* namespace to encourage that :)

-1

I think zope.testrunner is just fine, and acknowledges the heritage.
Namespaces should be about which community (or company) owns a
package, not marketing. I think we're a little over-sensitive to the
"it's Zope so we hate it" sentiment. The people (if any) who still
have such childish ideas are probably not all that interesting to us
as consumers of our software anyway.

Martin