[Zope-dev] bug tracker gardening for bugday

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Thu Apr 22 09:40:51 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 2:37 PM, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
> "Incomplete" is the auto-expiring state:  if nobody responds in 30 days,
> it automatically disappears.
>
> I agree that we should at least attempt to reproduce even really old
> bugs before assigning them 'wontfix' status (if we can't) or
> 'incomplete' (if we need more information).

Speaking from my experience with cleaning up the Zope2 tracker: Zope
is remarkably stable and there's some really old but still completely
accurate tickets in the tracker. Just because anything is old, doesn't
mean it's not valid anymore. I found some really good patches from 8
years back ;)

I think you should use the "incomplete" status exactly when something
is that: there's not enough information in the ticket to reproduce it.

There's another category of tickets which describe problems with no
longer maintained or outdated versions. Something along the lines of
"Zope X3.0b1 is missing a Windows binary installer". Those I'd close
with an immediate "won't fix".

Hanno