[Zope-dev] z3c.formjs on win32 + KGS

Adam GROSZER agroszer at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 11:47:29 EDT 2010

Hello,

While trying to test the KGS on *win32*, I have the problem that
python-cjson, a dependency of z3c.formjs won't compile.
Even better, looking at pypi:
"""
jmillikin (2009-11-23, 0 points):
Please don't use cjson. It is abandoned, has numerous bugs related to
character escaping and Unicode, and doesn't support many features
available in other JSON libraries.
"""

I see there some options:
* push the author of python-cjson to fix it
  (seems to be unresponsive since 2009-09-01)
* Throw out z3c.formjs from the KGS
  well, currently it's known-not-good on win32
* Use an other JSON converter (simplejson?)
* Fork python-cjson, it's LGPL, so I guess the source should not go to
  svn.zope.org

votes?

For now I'll comment z3c.formjs to be able to proceed with the KGS.

--
Best regards,
 Adam GROSZER                          mailto:agroszer at gmail.com
--
Quote of the day:
About all some men accomplish in life is to send a son to Harvard.