[Zope-dev] ZTK community packages

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Sun Apr 25 06:13:32 EDT 2010

Am 25.04.2010, 11:14 Uhr, schrieb Christophe Combelles <ccomb at free.fr>:

> Hi!
> I believe packages such as z3c.form, z3c.macro, z3c.template,
> z3c.pagelet (and
> many others) are among the most important packages. I wonder why they
> are not
> included in the ZTK? I always end up using them, I believe they should
> even be
> part of the core ZTK.
> If they are not part of the core, I would like them to be part of a
> *community.cfg* list. There already is a community.cfg list in
> BlueBream, but I
> don't like having many foobartoolkit in the wild, with many package
> lists to
> maintain. It's already difficult enough

I wonder how much is just to with the namespace (and possibly licence) and
how much has to do with competing with other parts of the ZTK, ie.
z3c.form with zope.formlib but only in the maintenance can be kept within
the ZTK. But surely we want to reduce the number of packages in the ZTK?

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director