[Zope-dev] docs.zope.org automation

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Aug 4 05:33:52 EDT 2010

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>> I've just been doing some build and release tools for a customer that
>> involve this sort of stuff, I resorted to:
> <snip lots of code>
>
> Yikes. Maybe the subshell isn't so bad after all :-P

Yeah ;-) Although getting the right python path set up can be a pain...

Here's the actual version I use to do an in-process sdist:

     try:
         orig_argv = sys.argv
         orig_stdout,orig_stderr = sys.stdout,sys.stderr
         curdir = os.getcwd()
         sys.argv = sys.argv[0:1]+['egg_info',
                                   '--tag-svn-revision',
                                   '--tag-date',
                                   'sdist']
         sys.path.insert(0,location)
         os.chdir(location)
         sys.stdout,sys.stderr = StringIO(),StringIO()
         # yuk, but setup.py is yuk anyway!
         if 'setup' in sys.modules:
             del sys.modules['setup']
         import setup
     finally:
         os.chdir(curdir)
         sys.path.pop(0)
         sys.stdout,sys.stderr = orig_stdout,orig_stderr
         sys.argv = orig_argv

cheers,

Chris