[Zope-dev] Request for review: z3c.recipe.i18n (branch: baijum-zcml-path)

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Sat Aug 7 15:26:50 EDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 07, 2010 at 03:51:20PM +0530, Baiju M wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>               I have created a branch to add a small feature addition to
> i18n recipe (z3c.recipe.i18n) here:
> svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/z3c.recipe.i18n/branches/baijum-zcml-path

I'm not Roger, but I looked at
http://zope3.pov.lt/trac/log/z3c.recipe.i18n/branches/baijum-zcml-path
anyway.

> Now the value of `zcml` option could be specified as a path to ZCML file.
> The old behaviour, which was expecting a ZCML string is retained.

I'm not sure it makes sense to me: if you make a mistake and your ZCML
is not well-formed, it will be treated as a filename?  I don't think

  IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '<include package="z3c.recipe.tests" file="extract.zcml" />"'

is very friendly, and could lead the user on a wild-goose chase assuming
that extract.zcml is somehow missing in the z3c.recipe.tests package
(instead of noticing the stray " and removing it).

I'd rather see an alternative option name

  zcml-file = /path/name

> Please let me know, if I can merge this branch to trunk and make a
> new release.  Since this is feature addition, I will be giving
> version number as 0.8.0.

Incidentally, can you use

  zcml = <include file="/absolute/path/name" />

without specifying a package?  In other words, is this just syntactic
sugar for something that's already possible, or a way to do something
that wasn't possible before?

Regards,
Marius Gedminas
--