[Zope-dev] Zope 2.12.10, permission zope.Public vs zope2.Public

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Mon Aug 23 12:13:40 EDT 2010

Hello,

  In Zope 2.12.10, in permissions.zcml of Five, zope2.Public is
  defined. So you can use it in ZCML.

  However the code who setup the security in security.py of the same
  package doesn't care about zope2.Public, just about zope.Public.

  So when you use the permission zope2.Public, your page is not public,
  and when you use the permission zope.Public, well you get an error as
  it is not declared.

  (I would just rename the permission in the ZCML I think, that will
  create errors for users to force them to update their code).

  Best regards,

  Sylvain,

--
Sylvain Viollon -- Infrae