[Zope-dev] Developer meeting today at 15:00 UTC

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Tue Aug 31 04:32:37 EDT 2010

Hi.

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Christian Theune <ct at gocept.com> wrote:
> our weekly meeting is coming up today at 15:00 UTC.

I won't make it to todays meeting, so some notes upfront.

> - Supporting Python 2.7

I thought the current plan is to try to support Python 2.7 for ZTK 1.1
(which will then be Python 2.5 - 2.7). Currently 1.0 beta is still
blocked on test issues. Before we don't get these tests fixed, there
is no point in branching off the ZTK trunk to a 1.0 branch and
allowing feature development to happen. If we cannot get the tests
fixed on the current list of supported systems, adding whole new ZTK
version set will only make matters much worse.

Of course everyone is free to tackle Python 2.7 compatibility for any
distribution individually. I think it's only zope.app distributions
that have problems here.

> - Windows compiler licenses

After much hassle and some friendly support folks at Microsoft I
finally received my license.

Hanno