[Zope-dev] UnicodeDecodeError from PageTemplate rendering after upgrading to Zope 2.12.7

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Tue Aug 31 06:11:49 EDT 2010

Am 31.08.2010, 12:05 Uhr, schrieb Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk>:

> What does Zope2's publisher do with requested encodings and the like now?
> Why would this be causing problems?

I can't remember exactly where but preferred_charset is looked for. It
isn't set by either IE or Safari and, although it should default to UTF-8
it seems they get served Latin 1 and you get badda boom pretty quickly.

> Errors that affect all browsers I'd be inclined to attribute to my code,
> ones that randomly affect specific browsers appear more likely to be a
> bug in Zope for me...

It is and I thought it had been squashed.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director