[Zope-dev] Zope 2.13 and zope.publisher >= 3.9

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Tue Dec 7 13:40:25 EST 2010

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 7:13 PM, Sylvain Viollon <sylvain at infrae.com> wrote:
>  That new option annoy me in Zope 2.13, as there is no such option to
>  the redirect method on the Zope 2 response.
>
>  - changing the default value of the trusted option in zope.publisher,
>    to be a bit more backward compatible (and call that redirect with
>    trusted=False in zope.[app].authentication where it motivated that
>    change),

We already adjusted all the ZTK code to work with this new default and
released this over 18 months ago. I think it's too late to change the
behavior again.

>  - add a trusted option to redirect in Zope 2.

If adding a simple "trusted=None" no-op to the redirect method helps
you, I wouldn't be opposed to it. I wouldn't even port the actual
feature as it's not all too useful and the ZPublisher implements a lot
of things differently compared to zope.publisher anyways. If you
really want to port the feature, we need to make it backwards
compatible in Zope 2, so by default all redirects should be allowed
(default of trusted=True).

Hanno